Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Special Invitation


My sister-in-law, Alisa, is one of my heros! She's our family rock and "go to" gal. She's always the first one up at Christmas morning and gets everyone really excited. My kids usually stay with her when I have to go to a convention or trade show. She is very active in my girls' life. Alisa has two wonderful college-aged kids. Jeanelle and Michael are great cousins and role-models for my kids. Alisa was diagnosed with cancer last fall. She found out the cancer was Stage 4 so immediately went through chemo from Oct-Dec. Then late January she started radiation. She's been everyday since then and she has 4 more days of radiation to go. She decided to celebrate life with her lifelong friends who have helped her through all this. Alisa decided that there would be nothing more fun than inviting her girlfriends to a day at Disneyland and a special lunch at Club 33 to celebrate life. She asked me to make her some special invitations for this special occasion.

I really like the gate fold look and of course my Cuttlebug. I reached for the Textile Texture embossing folder to add dimension. I smeared some ink on top of the embossed cardstock for more texture. I went find some clip art and found the Club 33 logo that I printed on transparency sheets. I let the transparency sheets dry overnight just make sure it was not wet and would not smear. I used some Chatterbox paper that had a bit of an art deco feel to it. I just needed a little to back the logo. I also used the same paper on the backside to look like panels. I used the Basic Grey magnetic snaps to keep the card closed so that the recipient could just use the bit of ribbon like a tab to open and close the card. I love these snaps. They really come in handy, are small, and not bulky. I left it blank so that Alisa could create and print out the invite she wanted for her friends.





































I knew that the invitation did not need to say much but wanted to create something elegant to capture the special occasion at a very special place. The gate fold card creates a door that opens up to a fun reveal.

Have a great time, Alisa! You deserve a special day with friends to celebrate life!

Cheers,
Daisy

1 comment:

Broni said...

Oh my goodness, Daisy! These invitations are absolutely gorgeous! I love the gate fold representing the doors of Club 33. I'm SO sorry to hear Alisa's story. It sounds like she is a true inspiration to us all.