Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

So Very Thankful (Guest Designer Shannon Sawyer Post)

Hi everyone!  Shannon here again sharing a fall tag I made for the eclectic Paperie blog. It was a lot of fun to make and I plan on attaching it to a gift I've giving someone over Thansgiving.

I used the following products on this tag:
Inkssentials #8 Tag in Manila
Buttons Galore in Kiwi Fruit & Lemon Tart
Twinery in Honey Dew, Lemon Drop and Mandarin Orange (don't those names just sound like Fall?), Maya Road Felt Pearl Posie in Cream.

The paper used was a 6x6 pad by Simple Stories titled "Harvest Lane".  Now I love, love, love Simple Stories paper and in the past I've always used the 12x12 paper from them, but after using this 6x6 pad, I think now I'll be using that size more often. The little quotes and paper embellishments that you can cut out of the Simple Stories paper (that they are known for) is better in the 6x6 pad because it's sized better for a tag or an ATC, and I tend to work in smaller areas.

I cut the background paper for the tag into strips that I wove together. Once it was done I covered it in the Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium Gloss so that it would stay together. I used the convenient .5 fl oz size of the Gloss Medium.

Happy Fall Days everyone!!!

2 comments:

Micki said...

ohh too cute and what a great idea. Wonderful way to use up scraps of paper strips.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!