Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 10, 2013

Poppy Background Mixed Media Card!


Good morning!  Sherry here today and I have a mixed media card to share with you.  For my project today, I initially pulled out my Dylusions Art Journal and became so overwhelmed with all that blank space that I decided to go smaller.   Maybe one day I’ll feel that I can tackle that big blank page staring back at me . . .

SCheeverUnityMixedMediaCardMay2013

For this small version, the flowers were stamped on watercolor paper and then water colored with Distress Ink Refills.  When dry, the flowers were colored with a VersaMarker Pen, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set.   (I wanted the flowers to stand out from the background.)   The image was then die cut with a 5x7 mat.

SCheeverUnityMixedMediaCard CloseUPFlowers

Using Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass and Wild Honey Distress Inks, the Wrinkle Free Distress Technique was used to create the background.  A stencil was die cut from a lattice die and Dylusions White Linen Ink Spray was misted over the image.  You can see the faint white image in the upper corner of the photo below.

SCheeverUnityMixedMediaCard CloseUPLattice

Old Studio 490 stamps were used for some background stamping  and the sentiment.  Paint splatters were adding using water and Distress Paints.  The gold splatters were made with a gold leafing pen.

SCheeverUnityMixedMediaCard2

Thanks for joining me today!

eP Signature - Sherry Cheever


Project Supplies:

12 comments:

toni said...

Gorgeous card love those flowers and the gold splattering,x

Art By Wanda said...

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

Luv 2 Create said...

Very pretty!!! Love how your stamped flowers turned out. I have been procrastinating about dylusions. Might be just a little to bright for my taste, however I do like the easy manner in which you can create some very interesting backgrounds with little effort using random stencils. I much prefere your use of the TH inks and stains.
Marcie

Kim said...

I love this stamp and I love your card...Beautiful!!!

Redanne said...

I really understand what you mean about journal pages, they can be daunting but this size is perfect for your beautiful piece. I love how you used a lattice die to make a stencil (will try that one out), the background is beautiful and I love the treatment you gave those lovely flowers. Really beautiful! Anne x

Mary said...

Sherry, a true beauty! I like how you colored your flowers...oh so pretty. Another beauty you've created...thanks for sharing, and thanks for explaining the how.

Broni said...

This is gorgeous, Sherry! I love that you embossed the flowers. I'll have to try that. I bet if you did exactly this on the big journal page, you could do some tangles around the edges and make it into a giant border! Why not??

Words and Pictures said...

Really beautiful, Sherry... the flowers do stand out from that gorgeous background, and the colours are so beautiful!
Alison x

Teresa Jaye said...

this is so pretty Sherry, the colors are amazing. The paints splattering is just the right funky finishing touch!

Bonnie Irvine said...

This card is delightful with it's gorgeous background and those vibrant flowers. I love the idea of embossing them with the Versamarker. The gold spatters add such pretty shine. This is one I'd love to see IRL. I encourage you to go for it with the larger journal. What you have done here would be an awesome centerpiece. You would have no trouble at all filling in the rest...or just leaving it with a framed edge.

Tracy said...

Sunning Sherry..you do flowers like no one else...looove it!!
Hugs
Tracy
xoxo

Tracy said...

Ooops got excited,lol...should read Stunning Sherry!
xoxo