Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 17, 2014

Always Take the Scenic Route

Hi Everyone!  It's Sue Lelli here today playing in my journal with Tim Holtz kraft resist paper, TH Distress Inks, and my new TH Stamp Set (Stampers Anonymous), Classic 16.
Here are my pages in my journal:
 
I chose to build my pages around that FAB sentiment, "Always take the Scenic Route," hence the world map. What is so cool about adding TH Distress inks to the kraft resist paper is that when you wipe it with a baby wipe, all of the ink comes off of the resist areas on the map making a very cool effect.
You can probably see the resist area the best in THIS photo with the starburst. LOVE this look!

Here's a close up of the bird from this FAB stamp set. I am in LOVE with the text and patterns on the bird and didn't want to cover it up too much with ink. I did think it looked cool to make a red beak with my Faber Castell Big Brush pen to match the red circles I randomly added. I also drew a black shadow underneath the bird's belly and tail to add some depth.

I added Art Anthology's Champagne Dimensional Crystals around two sides of the resist circle on the paper. LOVE this added texture! I also added some strips of TH tissue tape for another layer.
I wanted to mention that I worked on these pages outside of the journal, then rounded the corners and glued them into pages in my Dylusions Creative Journal. What I LOVE about this particular journal is that there is no ring in the center of the pages. It is like an actual bound book plus it has an elastic band to hold it closed.

And if I didn't have enough FUN playing with these pages, I took my scrap leftover paper, TH tissue tape, and an extra bird and made the following card:
Simple but masculine, I think.

This shows how I applied TH Distress inks and cut the birds out. The birds were stamped with Wendy Vecchi's Archival Ink.

Here is a close up of the sentiment:
This sentiment would be great for so many different occasions. I stamped it on a scrap piece from my Authentique Glistening paper pad and added Art Anthology Champagne Dimensional Crystals around two sides to give it oomph!

I hope you like my creations! I had Tons of Fun and made a mess making them! LOL!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just a gorgeous page in your journal!! I love the sentiment and I love the stamps! I keep thinking about getting a dylusions journal - I love that it lays so flat ...

Tracy said...

Oh my giddy aunt Sue how cute are those birds...love the pages!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Words and Pictures said...

Fab use of the resist paper - it looks wonderful!
Alison x

mamablitger said...

Sue your pages are just fabolous... LOVE them. The layout and your pretty details just makes it all perfect !!!! Thanks a lot for sharing this gorgeous project. It really inspired me....
Hugs from SPAIN

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love it great job
bibiana

Micki said...

ahhhhh, I was wondering about using the heavier cardstock. Awesome idea to work on these OUTSIDE of the journal. Wonderful spread and love the color.

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

What a beautiful piece of art! Love that starburst too but those birds are beautiful.