Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 28, 2014

Love is the Flower You've got to let Grow!

Hello Everyone, it's Sue Lelli here with a post that's all about playing in my Dylusions art journal with some new stencils, paints, and embossing pastes. Since I was concentrating on flowers, I found this FAB quote on my computer:
It was just so Perfect for my journal pages:
 I used bright Dylusions Ink Sprays for my BG colors on top of Tim Holtz Terminology tissue wrap and left the words showing though. Then I let the FUN begin!
Close up of left page:
The flowers were added using Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste with my Wendy Vecchi 3 Fresh Flowers Stencil. The black stencil marks were made using Wendy Vecchi's black embossing paste and the TCW Mini Textured Stencil. I painted the flowers with Silks Acryllic Glaze in Boysenberry and Raspberry wine.
 
Close up of the right page:
Same process except some additional steps. The daisies were painted with titanium white Golden Paint. I outlined the daisies with a Stabilo all pencil in black.  Circles were made with the Raspberry Wine Silks Acrylic Glaze using two tops from bottles. Then I added dots in Blizzard and Peony using Art Anthology Dimensional Crystals. Also if you look closely you will see the white heart I added with the TCW Confetti Stencil. I LOVE this stencil so much I use it on practically Everything!
 
In this close up you can see the FAB texture on the flower outlined with the black pencil and the dimensional dots in the center.

I added this date stamp. This helps me keep a record of when I made something so I can follow my artistic development as I try new things. Silly maybe, but I like it!
Some process photos:
Tissue wrap with embossing paste flowers. Can you see them?

Dylusion Sprays

Here I started painting the flowers (after the paste and ink were completely dry).
And in case you forgot ~ my finished pages:
I hope you like them! I really had FUN!

5 comments:

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

So pretty Sue! Very happy. & colorful. You brightened my day with this one!

Unknown said...

Adorable colors!! I love the embossing paste flowers, I need to use my paste more often!! And I never thought to paint on embossing paste with the silks - I need to use those more often too!!

mamablitger said...

Sue thank you for sharing your lovely happy pages. I really love what you made. It makes such a good impression creating textures like you did. Also love your vivid colors. All in all very inspirational seeing your art !! So happy you shared !!
Hugs from SPAIN

Tracy said...

Zesty and so full of fun Sue . . .gorgeous!!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

I love these colors. Great job!