Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Easter's On Its Way

 


Hi everyone, I'm Lisa S and eP's guest designer for April. For my first guest spot I'm sharing an altered project that I made for Easter. Spring has finally arrived where I live and I can't tell you how happy it makes me! This 7 Gypsies printers tray was in my alterables stash so I grabbed it, a Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments 8x8 paper pad, Prima embellishments and Twinkling H20's.  

To get started I measured and trimmed my paper to fit each cubby so the fun of decorating could begin. Each piece was distressed with various Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Scor Tape  helped adhere the background paper to my tray. Oh, before I forget I should note that the corners of my tray were aged  by using Tim's handy sanding grip block then applying Distress Crackle Paint-Rock Candy  to add texture and afterwards I rubbed some Vintage Photo Distress Ink  over those areas to highlight. 

{top row}

I used Prima's Stationer's Desk wood embellishments-a frame (far left) and dragonfly (2nd from left). All of the blooms are by Prima and the pretty pink one is a Prima-Princess Flower-Castle bloom. Each wood embellishment and bloom was altered with H20's and a dab of Adirondack's Snow Cap paint dabber. 


This background is one of my favorites in the Sweet Sentiments collection. 


I had some leftover Prima bling with lace so I tucked it into 
the corners and used some of my seam binding scraps as well. 

{2nd and 3rd rows}



Another gorgeous Castle bloom which was highlighted with 
Twinkling H2O's (in the same shade of yellow) and a dab of 
Snow Cap. The cut outs in this collection are so pretty and versatile. 


The last of the Castle blooms I used for this project.
Actually this one was tan so I totally transformed it 
with H2O's, here's how...


To activate your H2O's spritz water into the pot and wait a few minutes. Mix the water with the color and simply brush on. You deepen the color by applying more color and I tend to use several shades especially with flowers.
{See the nest with eggs, I altered it with Faber-Castell Pitt Pens}


The wood butterfly with the blue cabachon is also in the   
Stationer's Desk collection. 


Key Supplies for my eP project:


A big thank you to Kim and Bonnie for the guest designer invite! 
I'll be back next week with a mixed media project to share, thanks for looking today. 

Hugs,
Lisa




13 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful happy frame, love it!!

ParkNSlide said...

A delightful project and a fun way to use these gorgeous G45 papers.

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely Easter/Spring project Lisa! I love the pretty vintage papers and all the gorgeous blooms!

Shirley-Anne said...

ERR , cant speak!! my jaw is on the floor.
Amazing project to share .Beautiful papers and embellishing .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

OMG! Your project is stunning Lisa! Beautiful papers and images and all put together so cleverly. Gorgeous! xxxx

Dolly LaBelle said...

Very delicate and a definite sign of Spring. Thanks for sharing!

Words and Pictures said...

An absolutely enchanting Easter creation from Lisa - what a fabulous guest for the month... looking forward to more!
Alison x

Andiepants said...

I am stunned by how much you have into this piece. It's amazing!!

Pia S said...

Fabulous, Lisa! This is gorgeous!

Sue Lelli said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Lisa, and what a Fabulous Guest Designer project! Each section is a work of art and the h2os add so much! Love this!

Peanut said...

Oh my! This is beyond stunning, Lisa! What a fab Easter project. So many pretty little details to soak up.
hugs, Asha

Tracy said...

Every single one a work of art, beautifully done Lisa!
xoxox

Margaret said...

This is gorgeous! You did an amazing job with those beautiful vintage papers!!