Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Turning 43

Guess how old I turned this year?  
Mary-Ann here, divulging information that should totally be kept a secret:o)  This year was hard for me.  If I am 43 then my boy is turning 10, I am full of gray hair and I just noticed wrinkles.  Lots of them.  So, I refuse to celebrate any more birthdays until next year.  hehe

I decided, for a change, to focus on a "me" layout.  I am hardly in the photos we take unless I insist on a "groupie" picture.  Even then, one of us is usually making an inappropriate face and the entire event becomes a battle.  I'm yelling, telling them to pretend to have fun, or "take another, my hair didn't look good" or "you can see my waddle!" 
I promise, I did have fun creating this layout and I hope you enjoy the journey with me. 
 I promise not to get all weepy.



FYI, this entire layout, except the white base is made from a 6x6 paper pad.  No 12x12 paper was harmed in the making of this page:0)  After I decided on my colors, I decided to spray paint a couple wood veneer numbers that I had on hand.  (A great big fat reminder of how old I am!) You could color these with Dylusions.  A paint brush will do the trick or even just spraying.  


The white base you see, is actually a little creamy once I started taking pictures, it is a big piece of watercolor paper.  I sprayed Dylusions ink (red, small amounts of black, and white) onto my craft sheet.  I added a few squirts of water from my Ranger Mister bottle and squished my paper face down on my craft sheet.  When I lifted it, this is what I got.  


I started layering Fancy Pants Me-ology papers under my photo.  Painted a clothespin with the same black Dylusions spray.  I also tucked some of the banner buttons under my papers, clumped coordinating Me-ology buttons to the side with matching enamel dots.


You can see here that I utilized some Tim Holtz Index labels.  Just so happens, they come in black and red!  Perfect for this layout.  I wanted them to be a little sturdier, so I took the packaging from the Fancy Pants Buttons and backed the stickers.  See photo below.




Added a cool title, more enamels and my journaling, which is neatly tucked inside one of the Fancy Pants Library Card envelopes.  I didn't want my journaling card to stick out too far, so I trimmed down the existing library card and turned it over to utilize the white side.




It is pretty simple.  Just some fun coloring and painting, paper layering and story telling.  I hope you have enjoyed my layout today.  Keep checking back  daily for more design team inspiration.

Supplies used:  


6 comments:

Ruby Craft said...

What a wonderful picture. Love your fun layout, embellishments and color combo. Congrats on celebrating 43.

Julia Aston said...

What a great page celebrating you Mary-Ann! Love the little journaling tucked in there... You're a spring chick from my viewpoint!!

jengd said...

Great page! And welcome to the 43 club- I beat you here by a few months. :)

Micki said...

oh girl, i love your pages and this one is one of my favorites. love all that white space and the splashes of color. it's a great picture of you!!!! 43 isn't so bad - i actually think it was my prime (health wise, etc.) and it's just a number.
xoxo

Steph Ackerman said...

LOVE your page. The white space really accentuates the colors.

Andiepants said...

I absolutely adore your simple style and use of white space. Your pages are so inspirational. {{hugs}}