Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Fairy House

Hi EPeeps!! I got a little whimsical with this project!!  I dug into my collection of wood blocks and drew a little fairy house!  Then I took out my new Fancy Pants Burlap and Bouquets collection and started cutting!!




I glued down all the paper pieces using gel medium!


I used a Rhonda Palazzari stencil by Crafter's Workshop and stenciled in some little branches.

And as always, I am totally inspired by Junelle Jacobsen's style, which is totally reflected here on my block! In fact, I am headed to her class in Charlotte N.C. next weekend!! I can't wait! I went in the spring too, so I am feeling a little spoiled! 


And I wondered what to do with back of the block, so I painted chalkboard paint on the back so that I could write messages on it!! However, I ended up using white paint through the stencil and leaving just a small spot at the top for chalk messages!  I just loved the way the white paint jumped off the black chalk paint!!


Doodles and paint finished off the front of the block!


I am just in love with this little house!!  I love this Fancy Pants paper - it is definitely a new favorite! I hope you find something that inspires you this weekend and you have some time to create a little piece of art!!
-Karen

5 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Have FUN at your class! This house has so many FAB details! LOVE it, Karen!

Micki said...

Ohh I love it. Love to alter wood and incorporate mixed media. Adorable and I've taken almost every single Junelle online class. I am so hoping one day to take a live class. Have fun!!!!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun wood project Karen! love your little woodland house! the back looks great too!

Steph Ackerman said...

Fun wood project. Love all the details.

Andiepants said...

adorable house and yes...I love how the white pops off the black on the back. {{hugs}}